CollaboratorsIf you are interested and would like to know more about the CAWS project please contact any one of the following collaborators.
Bob R. Pohlad
Professor of Biology and Horticulture
Ph.D. 1978, University of Georgia
- Fungal Morphology and Ecology
- Plant Pathology
- Microbial Ecology of Forest and Agricultural Ecosystems
- Instructional Technology and Science Education
Carolyn L. Thomas
Professor of Environmental Science and Biology
Ph.D. 1984, Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
- Lake Nutrient DynamicsAquatic Microbial Ecology
- Watershed research
Professor of Chemistry and Env. Science
Ph.D. 1976, University of Michigan.
- NPS pollution reductionGIS-based Watershed modeling
- Water quality monitoringDevelopment of polymeric membrane anion selective electrodes
Assistant Professor of Env. Science
Ph.D. , Virginia Polytechnic and State University.
- Wildlife BiologyForest Management
Associate Professor of Agriculture
Ph.D. , University of Georgia.
- Pasture and Forage Science
- Nutrient cycling in ag systems
University of the South (Sewanee)-Tennessee
Ph.D. 1994, University of Georgia.
- Forestry and Geology
Mt. St. Mary's University, Maryland
Associate Professor of Env. Science
Ph.D. 1993, Cornell University.
- Ecosystem ecology
- Aquatic ecology, toxicology, watersheds
- Effects of heavy metal pollutants on stream ecosystems
Lindsey Wilson College-Kentucky
Associate Professor of Biology
- Plant Ecology
Davis and Elkins College-West Virginia
Professor of Environmental Science
Montreat College-North Carolina
- Integration of Environmental Instrumentation and Laboratory technology in undergraduate training.
- Juvenile Hormone metabolism in application to pesticide development.
- Minimal environmental impact pesticides and field test kit development.
- Chemical recycling protocols.
- Environmental analysis and monitoring.
- Monitoring water pollutants by physiological alteration of index species.
Associate professor of Environmental Science
- Examining the macro view, looking at the bigger picture.
- Plants and animals in the field.
Professor of Biology
Ohio Valley University-West Virginia
Associate Professor of Natural Science and Education
Emory and Henry College
Ph.D., the University of MarylandAssociate Professor of Chemistry
- chemistry of natural and polluted water environments.
- Rare radioactive isotopes in natural geochemical processes
Ph.D., University of Illinois
Associate Professor of Geography
Assistant Professor of Environmental Science
Assitant Professor of Biology
West Chester University-Pennsylvannia
Assistant Professor of Biology
- Mycorrhizal Ecology.
- Plant Ecology
This page is part of the Collaboration through Appalachian Watershed Studies web site. Please report any errors to email@example.com