The Student (hereafter listed as Customer) contracts with Ferrum College Telephone Services Office to provide access to the college's telephone service (basic telephone service, long distance service, and voice mail service) and agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. CONTRACT: The duration of this contract shall begin with the completion of this application and will be terminated when one of the following occurs: 1) Completion of the Academic Year; 2) Termination by Customer; 3) Termination of service by Telephone Services due to nonpayment/unauthorized use of services.
2. AUTHORIZATION CODE: Customer will be assigned an authorization code for long distance access from campus telephones, excluding pay phones. Sharing of this code is prohibited. Customer will be responsible for any and all charges resulting from the sharing of assigned code. Should code be misplaced or stolen, it must be reported as soon as is feasible to the Telephone Services Office.
3. RATES: Long distance provided through MCIWorldCom, billed by the College at 12.9 cents per minute for domestic calls--day rate and 8.5 cents per minute--nights and weekends, international calls discounted less 20% International DDD rates.
4. BILLING: Customer will receive a statement from Telephone Services, on a scheduled basis, itemizing long distance calls. It is the Customer's responsibility to notify Telephone Services immediately of errors in billing or if statement is not received.
5. PAYMENT: Customer understands use of code is an extension of credit. Each statement must be paid in full by the due date or service will be disconnected and Customer will be subject to late fees (see Section 6).
6. NON-PAYMENT: Should service be discontinued due to non-payment, all outstanding charges must be paid in order to reactivate telephone service. Any outstanding charges not paid will be placed on Customer's Student Account and subject to a late payment fee of $15.00 per unpaid month. Non-payment is treated as any other student debt. Sanctions such as withholding registration privileges, grades, diplomas or transcripts will be invoked on all past due accounts. Telephone Services reserves the right to refuse service or require a deposit for any customer considered a credit risk.
7. TRANSFERRING SERVICE: Should Customer change rooms, move off campus or withdraw from school, it is the Customer's responsibility to notify Telephone Services. Failure to do so will result in continued responsibility for any and all charges.
8. FRAUD: Customer understands unauthorized use of a code or campus telephone number constitutes a theft of service and is a violation of state, federal and campus policies. Any attempt to defraud Telephone Services will be subject to criminal prosecution and/or campus disciplinary action. All codes and campus telephone numbers are property of Ferrum College and are not to be used in a fraudulent, illegal or deceptive manner. Customer is not allowed to sign up for voice/data services provided via off-campus vendors which result in charges being billed back to the student's assigned telephone number which subsequently is billed back to the college.
9. TERMINATION OF SERVICE: Telephone Services may terminate service should Customer fail to abide by the terms of this agreement. Should service be terminated, Customer will be responsible for all prior charges. Telephone Services reserves the right to terminate service should it appear code is being used excessively.
10. EQUIPMENT: Telephones will be provided by the Customer. All phones should be touch tone. Rotary or pulse phones cannot be utilized. Telephone jacks and wiring in rooms are the responsibility of each students to keep in proper working condition. Damages should be reported immediately and Customer shall be responsible for damage caused by misuse or abuse.
11. COLLECT CALLS: Calls accepted or billed as collect, third party or special collect will be assessed a $5.00 service fee per call in addition to the call charges.
12. LIABILITY: Customer understands Telephone Services is not liable for damages and/or injuries arising out of or relating to the telephone services and/or Customer's use of telephone facilities. Customer agrees to reimburse the College of any fees incurred in collecting delinquent Telephone Services accounts